I trust that everyone is keeping safe and well, and obeying the government guidelines about social distancing and not going out. The auction will continue to function normally as long as government restrictions allow it. I will try to post lots out to winning bidders around the middle of the week following the closure date.
My last jottings were written in January before the sad loss of Vernon Young. I would like to pay my own tribute to him, and like everyone else who knew him found him to be a real gentleman only too happy to share his knowledge. He is a great loss to the Society, the Hants & Surrey branch and everyone who knew him.
I have received some lots from a couple of vendors that have stipulated, in my opinion, very low reserves. The minimum bid in our auction is just £5, though some, obviously will be more. And you do not have to be a Society Member in order to bid – though non-members are charged a buyers premium on their lot (which members do not pay). I hope all this information will stimulate more bids; like the lottery, you have to be in it to win it. And remember, the more bids received, even if you are not successful, will raise the price achieved and keep the auction flourishing.
And so on to the highlights this time. There are 2 Waterman Army Pictures, Cartoons, etc., 5 Taddy Admirals & Generals (UK Issue), 6 Salmon & Gluckstein Owners & Jockeys, a set of Castrol Famous Riders, a very rare Illingworth Views from the English Lakes, some more Ogden Beauties, Green Net back, 2 Edmondson British Ships, 2 Kinnear Actresses and quite a few football items, both sets and odds.
Please have a good look through the Auction List; there is the usual mix of sets and types, tobacco and trade. This time we are trialling an open-access list which you do not have to download to read.
- This is a sealed-bid auction. Bidders contact us with the upper amount they would like to spend on specific lots. On the auction day, after bidding has closed, the bids received are collated and the highest bidder for each lot wins.
- All bids should be submitted to XXXXX, specifying the lot numbers and bid amounts in question.
- The minimum reserve on each lot is £5. Some lots will have higher reserves.
- In the event of a tie XXXXX.
- Lot winners will be notified within 7 days and will receive details of their winning lots and payment instructions. To secure the lot, payment must be made within XXXXX.
- We welcome bids from non-members, although all winning bids will incur a 10% surcharge on the winning amount. CSGB members do not incur any surcharge.
- See our Card grading guide for more information on condition.
- Further information about specific lots (including images/scans) can be obtained by contacting XXXX. Information will be provided by email only.
The listing for this auction is not yet available.