I wrote my last lot of jottings in October, because of printing deadlines of course. I did not give a thought to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, so my apologies for that. I am writing this a few days before the big event, so I hope everyone had an enjoyable time, or at least as good as was possible given the restrictions and hopefully common sense.
And so on to the highlights. We have some unrecorded trade issues at lots 9-12, a Venables Baseball scene amongst a batch of American cards in lots 13-26 (OK the last 2 are from Canada, but I am nit-picking!), Wills Indian Series at lots 33 & 34, a Murray Cricketer Series H Brown front lot 36, more Fairweather Historic Buildings of Scotland lots 47-49, Salmon & Gluckstein Owners & Jockeys lots 76-79, followed by a selection of Cricket types lots 80-90, a Taddy Wrestler lot 101, and African Tobacco Manufacturers World of Sport featuring Babe Ruth 109, a set of CWS Co-operative Buildings and Works lot 120, Barratt M50 Famous Footballers lots 126-131, a Kinney Naval Vessel lot 135 and a Goodwin Flower lot 142.
Please have a good look through the Auction List; there is the usual mix of sets and types, tobacco and trade. I look forward to receiving your bids.
- This is a sealed-bid auction. Bidders contact us with the upper amount they would like to spend on specific lots. On the auction day, after bidding has closed, the bids received are collated and the highest bidder for each lot wins.
- All bids should be submitted to XXXXX, specifying the lot numbers and bid amounts in question.
- The minimum reserve on each lot is £5. Some lots will have higher reserves.
- In the event of a tie XXXXX.
- Lot winners will be notified within 7 days and will receive details of their winning lots and payment instructions. To secure the lot, payment must be made within XXXXX.
- We welcome bids from non-members, although all winning bids will incur a 10% surcharge on the winning amount. CSGB members do not incur any surcharge.
- See our Card grading guide for more information on condition.
- Further information about specific lots (including images/scans) can be obtained by contacting XXXX.
The listing for this auction is not yet available.