Well I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and tis staying fit and well, this wretched virus is lingering longer than most people would have thought. All auctions, including ours, seem to be doing very well, but I cannot wait until we can resume actually attending fairs and auctions. Let’s hope that things can return to normal as soon as possible.
Now I have had a few queries about prices in our auction. I would like to reiterate that winning bidders always receive their lots at the lowest possible price, allowing for reserves and other bids received. As I have said before, as collectors we know the value of cards but I never cease to be amazed at the number of tied or similar bids I receive on some lots. So to repeat, there is no skulduggery in our auction!
And so on to the highlights of this sale, where there is, of course, the usual mix of sets and types, tobacco and trade.. We have 2 Lambert & Butler Jockeys, 2 Waterman Army Pictures, Cartoons, etc., 2 Barratt Chunky of the Challenger which are believed to be unrecorded, lots of Taddy types mostly in top condition, 3 more Smiths Battlefields, 4 Salmon & Gluckstein Owners & Jockeys, a Phillips Guinea Gold Advert Card, 2 Phillips General Interest, Churchman Boy Scouts A series and 2nd series and some more ATC Songs I.
Remember, if a member requires any more information, or wishes to see a scan of a lot they are considering bidding on then I am only too happy to oblige. However due to the cost of printing and postage this will only be possible by email. Please email your requests to me and I will try to respond as soon as possible.
- This is a sealed-bid auction. Bidders contact us with the upper amount they would like to spend on specific lots. On the auction day, after bidding has closed, the bids received are collated and the highest bidder for each lot wins.
- All bids should be submitted to XXXXX, specifying the lot numbers and bid amounts in question.
- The minimum reserve on each lot is £5. Some lots will have higher reserves.
- In the event of a tie XXXXX.
- Lot winners will be notified within 7 days and will receive details of their winning lots and payment instructions. To secure the lot, payment must be made within XXXXX.
- We welcome bids from non-members, although all winning bids will incur a 10% surcharge on the winning amount. CSGB members do not incur any surcharge.
- See our Card grading guide for more information on condition.
- Further information about specific lots (including images/scans) can be obtained by contacting XXXX. Information will be provided by email only.
The listing for this auction is not yet available.